Envoy Airlines is a stable, secure, and fast-growing American Airlines Group company. You will be stimulated, challenged, and have the opportunity to develop your career. Come work for Envoy Air at the Miami International Airport, where you will join a team committed to providing outstanding service.
Hiring immediately with no experience required!
Envoy Air will be hosting hiring events for the Customer Assistant Representative positions on the following dates:
- Tuesday, November 29th
- Saturday December 3rd
- Tuesday December 6th
- Tuesday December 13th
- Tuesday December 20th
- Tuesday December 27th
Hiring event sessions are as follows:
Location: Holiday Inn Miami-International Airport – 9th Floor (1111 S Royal Poinciana Blvd, Miami Springs, FL 33166)
NEW PAY RATE: $13.01 / hr. plus the opportunity to earn tips
Customer Assistance Representatives - Welcome customers and provide a high level of customer service to the traveling public by assisting passengers. Representatives offer assistance or seek out customers who may need assistance, i.e., large parties, passengers with disabilities, etc. and escort passengers to and from the terminal to the aircraft, handle the loading and unloading of baggage and providing assistance to disabled passengers or others needing special assistance.
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the CWA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Answer questions about flight schedules and general terminal access
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Provide a wide variety of assistance to mobility impaired customers such as, pushing wheelchairs, transferring to/from aisle chairs to aircraft seats up or down Jet bridge
- Escorts passengers from the terminal to and from aircraft ensuring a safe path at all times
- On occasion it may be necessary to drive a golf cart or tugs in congested areas
- Responsible to fill out passenger paperwork relating to unaccompanied minor passengers; on occasion, may be required to stay overnight escorting an unaccompanied minor passenger
- Lift and carry heavy luggage weighing up to 75 pounds (some items may be heavier)
- Monitoring airport activity and performing required security checks of aircraft post-arrival and pre-departure following established company, government and airport procedures
- Assists with oversize and valet luggage to ensure bags and sporting items are tagged and routed to the correct destinations
- Ensures unattended aircraft are secure and performs security checks on all international arrivals, international departures and remain overnight (RON) aircraft
- Ensures the correct loading of the aircraft, maintains accurate logs and records made manually or by input into a computerized system
- Remove unclaimed bags from carousel
- Stack unclaimed items onto baggage carts and into storage racks/shelves in secured areas
- Work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays
- Possibly performing additional related duties as deemed operationally necessary by management in with the collective bargaining agreement (CWA)
- Must be a least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- Must be flexible to work rotating shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and rotating days off and to work additional hours without notice based on operational needs
The work schedules of operational employees, primarily those who work at an airport, are subject to the requirements and demands of the applicable operation. Since hours of work are determined by the operation, a variety of part-time shifts are generally available. Work schedules are bid by seniority within the group of qualified employees in the department.
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
Benefits and privileges
- On-the-job paid training
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible schedules
- Free flights on American Airlines
- 401K program
- Other benefits include Employee Assistance Program, discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more!
Please click on the link for more insight into Envoy Air: Envoy Job Videos
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Envoy Air Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group, provides regional flight service to American Airlines under the American Eagle brand and ground handling services for many American Airlines Group flights. The company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc., following the merger of several smaller regional carriers to create one of the largest regional airlines in the world. Envoy is headquartered in Irving, Texas, with hubs in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago and Miami, with a large ground handling operation in Los Angeles. Connect with Envoy on Twitter @EnvoyAirCareers, on Instagram @EnvoyAirCareers, and on Facebook at Facebook.com/envoyaircareers and Facebook.com/EnvoyPilotRecruitment